Proverbs 31:10-31 NLT — Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. Her husband can trust her,
And she will greatly enrich his life. She brings him good, not harm, All the days of her life. She finds wool and flax And busily spins it. She is like a merchant’s ship, Bringing her food from afar. She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household And plan the day’s work for her servant girls. She goes to inspect a field and buys it; With her earnings she plants a vineyard. She is energetic and strong, A hard worker. She makes sure her dealings are profitable;
Her lamp burns late into the night. Her hands are busy spinning thread,
Her fingers twisting fiber. She extends a helping hand to the poor And opens her arms to the needy. She has no fear of winter for her household, For everyone has warm clothes. She makes her own bedspreads. She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns. Her husband is well known at the city gates,
Where he sits with the other civic leaders. She makes belted linen garments And sashes to sell to the merchants. She is clothed with strength and dignity, And she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, And she gives instructions with kindness. She carefully watches everything in her household And suffers nothing from laziness. Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, But you surpass them all!” Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; But a woman who fears the LORD will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.
Today, is the one day a year we as a society, set aside to honor our mother’s. Although in my opinion, mom’s should be celebrated and honored every day of the year, it still gives me hope and a grateful heart, that we give one whole day every year, to remember our moms and what they mean to us.
I thank God regularly for so richly blessing my life with my mom. Today, on mother’s day, I am especially grateful because my mom is a most extraordinary woman. My entire life, I have yet to meet another mom that can compare with mine.
For the sake of space within this blog post, I have narrowed down all the reasons I praise God for my mom down to my top ten.
10. Number ten is probably the most obvious and would be rather silly to even mention, except that it is absolutely true and therefore worth listing. I thank God for Mama because she gave me life. She birthed me and took on the responsibility of raising me.
9. I praise Father God for my mama because through good times and bad times, she stayed and work things out with daddy. She loved him so much it was awe inspiring. She, by her example, taught me it’s not only possible to be self-controlled, patient, and selfless, but it’s a requirement for a lasting marriage.
8. I praise God for my mama because, she worked so hard, both in the home and outside the home. She not only taught me how to clean and care for a home, but she also taught me the value in working hard.
7. I thank God for mama because, she hosted our family holiday gatherings, that always seemed more like family reunions, with how many people would show up. It was hard work and she never got to visit with everyone because by the time the meal was prepared, shared, and then cleaned up, everyone started heading home. Still she did this year after year.
6. I thank Father God for my mama because, she has such a big heart. She is very attentive, thoughtful and she is always helping family, friends, and sometimes even strangers that are in need.
5. I praise God for my mama because, she raised me to walk with dignity and taught me how to be a woman deserving of respect. She taught by being an example.
4. I thank God for my mama because, she was never afraid to discipline me when I messed up. Even as an adult, she’s not afraid to let me know when I am wrong. She gently tells me with guidance from the Holy Spirit.
3. I praise God for my mama because, she has never been disloyal to me and she has always had my back.
2. I thank Father God for my mama because, she taught me how to listen and hear Holy Spirit God. She also taught me, to always read at least one verse in the Bible, before reacting in anger to a fight. She taught me, if I do this, I won’t react the same way I would if I lashed out in my own emotional understanding. I’m less likely to cause permanent damage to a relationship if I read a verse or two before reacting.
1. I praise father God for my mama because, she introduced me to Jesus. Nothing will ever compare to this in all my life. She gave me life and took part in saving my life, by introducing me to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
My list could go on for pages, telling of all the reasons mama has been Father God’s first blessing upon my life. Today, as we honor our moms for the blessings they are, maybe we can stop for a moment and with all our heart, say a little prayer of gratitude to Father God for so greatly blessing us.
Until next time may God bless you and keep you as you seek him with your whole heart.